THE DAILY ARSE 14th April 2006

MAKE MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP

Cracking on at 5 high street, (yawn). I spent about an hour grovelling about on the floor looking for a screw that fell out of the switch for the shower. I could have sworn I heard it landing in the bath ? but then irritability crept in and I had to go and have a large coffee over the road and pause for reflection.
Life is so short (sigh), like a handful of sand running through the fingers.... I cheered myself up though by imagining how tedious it would be, at this rate, to live forever. Isabelle had a woman in to value the place this afternoon, who walked around giving a salutary nod to everything from Ikea. I stayed out of sight at the top of a pair of steps in the bathroom still fiddling about having bought 4 screws for £1 from the hardware shop. "Very nice, very nice, open plan blah de blah new kitchen etc" she cooed. Well they're going to have to rewrite the book on property renovation because it turns out the longer it takes to do up a flat the more money you make. Its gone up to the tune of £25,000 in the year I've spent faffing around with it. "Mmmm.. you've dressed the flat really well" she praised... "but to maximize the resale price my advice would be to put your husband into storage." Well if I'm not as fresh as all the new decor its because THIS PROPERTY HAS PUT YEARS ON ME !

1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Drinks all round!