20th May Father's Birthday Tomorrow

Spoke to Mother today; via brother's mobile...
"How are you ?'
"Oh not so good, my knees have been pretty bad, in fact I've been pretty down..."
"Well, it could be worse..."
"Pardon?"
"I said it could be worse"
"It could be...What?"
"I said It could be WORSE"
"What..?"
" WORSE, W-O-R-S-E"
"W-O-R..... what's he saying?"
"You've forgotten how to spell haven't you?'
"No I haven't, spell phlegm?"
"Phlegm? P-H-L-E-G-M"
"P-H-E-L-G-M"
"What?...You know it would have been Dudley's birthday tomorrow"
"Yes the 16th"
"No the 21st"
"It's the 16th"
"Well anyway, he'd have been 101..."

2 comments:

The Editor said...

The Daily Spammer ?

The Incredible Bulk said...

Viral marketing can reach you anywhere. There is no rest.

The significance of the day appears to have been lost due to the language barrier.