25th October. The Bored Reaper

The rain continued this morning but the Dark Angel was keeping a fairly low profile today, unlike yesterday. When I pushed the ladder up the wet slates of the north side of Mr & Mrs Gs' roof, the Spectre was already sitting up there on the ridge, looking bored. Nothing else to do apparently than watch me, with just a passing interest in a possible loss of balance.

When I came to lift the rather heavy octagonal chimney pot off the top of the stack any interest was piqued; topple over now and with a couple of strides he'd be rushing to tell me in my ear "You're going to die!" Yes well, we all know that matey, it's just a question of where, when and how?

Personally I don't even think it would necessarily have been a fatal drop, especially with the ground being soft with all this rain.

1 comment:

Z said...

This conjured up disturbing, but strangely fascinating, mental images.

Some of us prefer to visualise our guardian angel. Though he, I suppose, stands just behind and so is harder to spot.