27th November. Struggling For Consciousness

Tammy Wynette blasts out above the clatter of dishes here at the Motor Grill. In the U.S. the Motor Grill would be, I suppose, a Truck Stop. For some reason Lorries, high chloresterol and country & western seem to hang together on both sides of the Atlantic, is it because C&W is the only musical genre to encompass songs about truck driving? I order "Double egg, chips & beans with bread & butter and a cup of tea", quickly I find that I've over eaten, then before I can stagger outside I have to buy a Mars bar in addition because they don't take debit cards for anything less than a fiver.

As I progress down the A9 I can feel all available oxygen in the blood being diverted away from the brain to digestive duties, so the food at the Motor Grill does pose something of a health risk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How come in the movies, the "motor grill", "truck stop" (or in Australia) the "road house" always has some hot waitress in a tight, short, low-cut dress and some hunky guy with a tight white t-shirt workin' the grill, yet every time I ever go, she's old and fat, and he likewise, except that he's also covered in acne?

Are the movies lyin' to us?