2nd December. Audio Phases.

Haven't been to the library for over a year now, it's another phase that comes and goes, taking out cd's that I've never heard of. There's a point when I'd heard of most of them and you have to wait another couple of years until there's some new stock come in. Isabelle stopped the strumming-at-a-guitar-with-a-delay-pedal phase as it was 'repetitive' but the trance-like state that the very repetition and echo provided was the main attraction. Then there was the violin, remarkable progress was made in a short time during that particular era but once enrolled at Perth College something about being 'taught' killed it dead. The same thing happened with the speech therapy phase when the speech therapy woman asked me if I could move a radiator in their house. I bought this pipe freezing kit which worked quite well, sawed through the frozen central heating pipe, then there was some problem with the size of pipe olives or something. Time slipped by, during which the frozen pipe melted and a fountain of hot water started to play on the floorboards. The speech therapist was moving house the next day and a bit uptight, I folded the pipe over with pliers several times which never quite staunched the flow, then made my excuses,,, and that was the end of that particular phase.

No comments: