1st March. Farewell to Trang-Bang.

A welcome return to the Goat Restaraunt 'en famille' marked the occasion of the Grand Finale here in Trang-Bang. This time the famous deep fried Goats Udder was augmented with some bring-your-own intestinal pig tripe, produced by Grandmother from a tupperware.

This was pretty good as tripe goes but at this late stage in life I don't know if I'll ever be a complete convert to chopped intestinal wall.

Earlier today lunch had featured another hitherto unseen delicacy; chicken soup with quail eggs, chicken salad and the piece de resistance, a platter of boiled chicken's feet.

The quail egg is excellent but I'm afraid I lacked the necessary courage for the boiled feet, partly because of the thought of those distorted, bumble-footed claws of 'Hettie' and 'The Cream Puff' et al, back home.

1 comment:

2Americans said...

If you don't mind my outright theft, this comment is TRULY worth saving for god-knows whatever future occasion on which I may be offered some innards:

"..at this late stage in life I don't know if I'll ever be a complete convert to chopped intestinal wall."

It sums it all up, really.