21st April. Relationships On screen/Off screen.

Set off on a cycle/run/swim/run/cycle exercise to punish myself for not being romantic enough or to reward myself for re-welding the patches on the car last night, it's hard to say.

Left my bike round the back at F&D's, F had been left in charge of nappy changing for the afternoon while D went through a monthly process of re-beautification. They recently opted for the Full Relationship Monty in the shape of another human being or mouth to feed. As I ran off towards the Leisure Pool, F said something about everlasting youth, I'm not sure if that applied to a willingness to exercise or not being saddled with a couple of years of disposable nappies.

Later we watched Anthony Hopkins shoot his unfaithful wife in the face, evidently he hadn't been romantic enough either, maybe what she'd really wanted was a baby?

Stuart said the whole thing was 'pish' and Hollywood had run out of ideas, the plot was weak.

Regarding romance, with his low attention span he couldn't see how a relationship could last anything like ten years in the first place, the concept was just too scary to contemplate.

"Why don't you just buy yourself a huge vibrator" was Stuart's take on it.
"That's not Romance"! countered Isabelle.

6 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

http://www.thetoy.co.uk/

How much more romance can you handle?

The Editor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Editor said...

I'm not sure if this is really a 'magic bullet' for staleness in marriages.
"Whoever thought of that knows women" says Isabelle and added "I'd do that to a man".
For the more promiscuous man "Text All" could be an option.

One of Mother's come to mind on this subject; "...I'd rather have a hot dinner"!

11:02 AM

The Editor said...

There's always a gadget on the market to improve quality of life eh?

The Editor said...

A selection of possible texts;

"Could you just check, I think I've left the grill on"

"Did you say a quarter to six or quarter past"?

"It's ok I found my glasses, they were in the car all along!!"

The Incredible Bulk said...

I think all the above would definitely generate some reaction. Postive or negative, though?