18th June. I Buy a Painting.

Mrs W. a customer from chimney world about five years ago phoned up and said 'They were moving to a smaller house and did I want to buy that painting at the top of their stairs?' she was only asking because she knew I liked it.

So I went round on the way home and yeah I do like it. So I had to make her an offer, then there was some haggling, 'I think you'll find you've got a bargain there' she says.

It was too big to fit in the Daihatsu so I had to risk putting it in the trailer. When I manouvered it through the front door Isabelle thought I must have pulled it out of a skip.

However after consulting Google about the painter it turns out that Her Majesty The Queen, and the City of Edinburgh, amongst others, have some in their collections.

Either way I still like it and want to live with it, although wall space is at a premium.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well damn! That's a good find, indeed! I hope you treasure it. :)

Unknown said...

Of course now I am wondering exactly what it's a painting OF. You hold us readers in suspense.

The Editor said...

Well I've thought of photographing it but this is a non visual blog.

Winter scene, bare trees plastered with snow, almost dark, sun setting, lights of town on other side of river tay in background, two girls each on a pony in foreground, ponies floundering in snow, all a bit dreamlike.