23rd June. TweedMill Celebration.

Combined Mother and Brother with the usual trip to "The Tweedmill", two birds with the one brick so to speak.

Most people had the Shoulder of Welsh Lamb, outrageous portions at the Tweedmill and incredible value, however this saving was quickly offset when Isabelle took it on herself to have "a quick look round".

Brother doesn't seem to be too keen on acknowledging the bare facts about being seventy, "It hit me when I got the first birthday card, when I saw the number 70 on the front, me? I can't be 70 and then every other ****ing card had 70 on it, Christ! I don't want to be reminded."

Mother got a bit teary as per the last Tweedmill trip, a cheap Xmas with wheelchair access, when it falls to me to wheel her to the Disabled Loo, "...I don't think I'll come again...it's not worth it... I wish I was dead...etc" I did my best to redirect her attention the same way one does with a small child, "Have you finished yet?"

"I don't know"

No comments: