27th June. Tea At The Jewellers

"I've moved into another phase", I intimate to Craig the Jeweller, as I sip tea.

"Oh yes, what's that then?"

"Triathlon."

"There can't be any money in THAT, besides, that's for mental people, people that run into the sea, I've seen them."

In a flash I realised that Triathlon WAS completely mental and if I'd put as much effort into learning the secret art of precious metalwork or doing some more chimneys or God forbid, even flat renovation, ends might have met, for a short time anyway

About the only offshoot from the sport is it's supposed to give you a 'film star body', but with little proven acting ability and not much of a film industry the closest thing would be doing Life Modelling at the art college.

Meanwhile a recent graduate and new employee, in the shape of a young woman, is filing away at some ornamental gold or silver.

Of course the trouble with posing naked would be keeping still for hours and worrying about not getting a stiffy or rather these days, worrying about how long it would be before I could empty my bladder.

3 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

That's definitely an age thing!

The Snoring Man said...

The young woman would be far more impressed by a real live Triathlon Runner than just another jeweller, flat renovator etc
Is that not what life is about or have I got it all wrong?

The Editor said...

I think you may have it all wrong.

From what I can deduce, what impresses Isabelle most is whether colours are coordinated, particularly shoes and handbags, I don't think this is a unique situation.