5th July. I Was a Teenage Halfwit.

Well I got this Hypnotherapist/ Life Coach on the mobile today who'd been ringing around everywhere trying to get someone to sort her problems out for a change.

"I don't know HOW many people I've tried they either don't answer the phone or they've retired. Look, all I want to know is CAN YOU DO IT?"

"Well you can do anything if you put your mind to it" I quipped, although I wouldn't need to tell her that, I suppose.

So having called round and mucked about for a while on her roof this evening, I was finally shovelling soot out from underneath her stove and I turned and said "So how much is a session of Hypnotherapy then?"

"£65 per session but that's about an hour and a half, why, were you considering it?"

"Well how about a straight swap for fixing the stove?'

"Sure, yes no problem, would next Tuesday at 6.30 be ok?"

"Right."

With any luck I'll be regressed right back to deal with an overbearing mother or a seventeen year old I couldn't speak to, releasing that life long emotional block and allowing every nuance of feeling to flow with an unheard of clarity of speech.

It'll be like a dam of intonation bursting, a talking bird of prey released, soaring high on thermals of self-expression...

...duh...?

5 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Incredible Bulk said...


Metaphorically speaking.

The Editor said...

It's alright for the likes of you, has anyone ever refused to serve you because

"You've already had enough to drink sir" despite not touching alcohol for 3 months?

or what about

"Are you on drugs?"

You see you've become like me. you don't notice it.

Assuming It's the way I am.

Now I'll be riding the winds of change, barking out orders, whispering sweet nothings, murmering satisfactions, whooping up enthusiams, shouting indignations, blurting out truths, screaming in terror, blethering sh*te?

The Snoring Man said...

She could have a job for life.
May have to pad out the stove repair.

The Editor said...

No no these hypnotherapy things are virtually an immediate cure like unblocking drains or plunging a sink.