21st August. Proceed To Checkout.

In the process of fufilling another life's ambition.

That is to go on a 'family holiday', across the generations, so to speak, which never happened with my father due to an early departure for the Final Destination, anyway I'm sure it would have been an emotional disaster...

Through the medium of Last Minute.com I've booked two double rooms in Montmartre where all the tourists go in Paris but its not completely crawling with Dames of the Rue, if memory serves.

'Junior' and 'Mrs Junior possibly to be' take up one room and we're in the other.

Mind you we did go away with Mother on a few SAGA holidays, which made Isabelle feel young, the last one in Tenerife was pretty hard going but I didn't fully realise just how far gone Mother was, she definitely won't be going away much now.

Two years and I'll be legitimately able to join the ranks of the grey vacationers but that was never a big ambition of mine.

This Paris thing will be a new experience and I daresay an expensive one.

No comments: