9th August. Pussywatch.

Another expensive meal out and Al, now part of the ex-pat community in 'Driving over Lemonsville', was making the case for not having an Internet presence.

"It takes you away from the here and now - another way of absenting, I 've got better things to do like watching the cats play together."

Which is nice but I've met other people, usually the over fifties, (Al has recently turned the big five-0), who say "What do I need a computer for?"

The answer is I don't know, "What if you want to fly with Easyjet?"

"Oh I just ask someone to book it for me?'

"Well what about if you want to buy an obscure book without leaving your living room?"

"I don't read."

"What if you wanted to know the complete lyrics to Manfred Mann's 1967 working of 'Quinn The Eskimo (The Mighty Quinn)'?"

"?"

Etc etc...

It may actually be a blessing for Al (and I did mention this last night), not to have access to endless dubious sites catering for every known predilection, all from the comfort of your own home - given such a notable track record regarding appetite for the 'fairer sex.'

Course I'm only saying this because he tells me "I try not read your blog."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What is 'Driving over Lemonsville' and why does it have an ex pat community?

The Editor said...

I think:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driving-Over-Lemons-Optimist-Andalucia/dp/0953522709

explains all.

Honestly Amanda, I thought a forty something like you would probably know someone living there or at least possess a copy.