4th September. Robbing Peter to Pay Paul to Pay Peter.

It dawned on me today that this woman Mrs B. is someone I've met before and there's a certain circular irony in it all.

You know when you've been in the red for a while trying to stay above the overdraft limit? Which is a bit like being in a Bond movie involving crocodile infested waters - "Good bye Mr Bond!"

Then in the nick of time the bank comes to the rescue "Would you like to come in and have a chat with one of our financial advisors?"

Step forward Mrs B. to "Tidy things up a bit" and "Make it easier" a few clicks of the Bank's mouse and out you go as if Mrs B. just handed over the money from her own pocket.

Well in this case she will be.

Then I can give it back to the bank who will then give it to Mrs B. again.

It's a bit Catch 22-ish regarding "we may as well drop the bombs on ourselves" - she'd be as well writing a cheque to herself.

Also the bank keeps raising the number of bombing missions before I can be sent home and to claim that I'm insane would only prove that I am actually sane.

No comments: