16th October. Mouse Water.

" I was running the bath and the hot water just stopped coming out of the tap, now it doesn't come out of any of the others."

"I'll have a look tonight."

Sure enough, no hot water but no outward visible signs of anything wrong either, just a bit of corrosion in the cold water tank.

I put my thumb over the end of the overflow pipe and plunge up and down in a provocative manner in the depths of the cold water with a sink plunger.

There are a few gurglings and the water eventually starts flowing again, except now its all a bit grey looking and smells as if something has died, "Probably the corrosion." I say assuringly. Sorted!

Isabelle has been scooping any particles out of the bath with a cup before immersing herself - "Look at that one its got skin and hair on it."

1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

I was under the (mistaken) impression that it was supposed to be a "rat UP a drainpipe".