7th October. Crap/Crap/Crap.

Entered the Stirling Duathlon - Run/Bike/Run, last nights meal out with Mr and Mrs Junior ensured a complete pre race evacuation - that black bean sauce certainly was HOT!

It's not really an excuse but having recently taken on Isabelles cold I did feel a bit ill.

Thermostat didn't seem to be working and so I wasn't sure how much clothing to wear.

Once isabelle was settled down in the cafeteria at the sports centre the race began - two laps running the field soon thinned out.

Once out on the bike I passed various people taking advantage of the new riding position based on the teachings of Dr Oeteker involving heating the seat tube red hot and bending it (my own idea) giving a saddle postion much further forward.

However some determined younger women kept re-overtaking me - it was almost like a race, I felt like knocking her off her bike but in the end just felt nauseous - i thought I was going to throw up before I got back to the transition area.

The running was awful, sprinting to the line I felt kind of hot.

Returning to the cafeteria I found Isabelle in exactly the same position with a magazine eating a risotto, she glanced up "You look very red" was her comment, (it's all about colour for Isabelle.)

"You're not kidding."

3 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

3 days have gone! Disappeared. Forever. No record of a Thai meal or your Father.

The Editor said...

I can work backwards but to be honest the pipe incident has been preying on the mind.

The Incredible Bulk said...

We should have a tribute BBQ to Mr P.

That will have the added benefit of ridding 2008 of some dodgy stomach causing ale and wine.