19th November. Puncture.

I managed to sick up some of my fishcakes in the car park from the effort of turning the car jack with a spanner the size of a teaspoon.

Cursing the design of jacks supplied with vehicles and cursing myself for not doing something about it, the wheel finally lifted from the ground after about three-quarters of an hour of rolling around in the rain at ten o'clock at night. By then I was about as wet as when I got out of the Leisure Pool.

And about as wet as this afternoon after a day farting about on a roof ladder out at the Smirf Gulag (see previous).

It could have been worse, I was very aware that I didn't want to be the man trapped beneath his car when the over extended jack slews sideways,

I could just imagine outside lights coming on when local residents finally decided after half an hour that maybe they really should investigate what all that screaming is about...

5 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

If your cigarette lighter worked, we now sell an impact wrench that'll take those nuts off in seconds and keep your fishcakes where they belong.

The Editor said...

but not raising an overloaded rear end into the air.

The Incredible Bulk said...

That's called the AA.

Unknown said...

I love your colorful language. I didn't know the English said "farting around" like we do.

The Editor said...

I'd have said the same thing, I didn't know the Americans said 'farting around'.