28th December. The Silicone Rubber Diaries.

Anyone could have told you that silicone rubber doesn't bond to anything with bitumen in it, in fact I could have told myself but I didn't bother.

It never even occured to me when Ms. S. texted yet again on Boxing Day to ruin my xmas by informing me that water was 'pouring' through the living room ceiling and could I come and fix it 'tomorrow', no didn't register at all.

It was only when I was stood looking at the specific non-adherence that, doh...

Either the silicone dissolves the roofing felt or the roofing felt dissolves the silicone and an unholy goo is created.

I thought maybe I should compile a handy list of these sort of details that need to be remembered like 'Detail No. 1573 Ensure car is in neutral before turning ignition key.' or No 2764 When grilling bacon remember to switch off grill...

No comments: