26th February. The Wafarin Story.

"Never been ill in me life" recounts the ex-Royal Navy boxer "but if I hadn't had that pneumonia they'd never have found out I had lung cancer."

"I didn't think smoking a pipe was that bad for you."

"I said I don't want any treatment, just keep me comfortable but they said a fit bloke like you you've got a good chance of recovery, so I said oh ok."

"The other blokes on the ward they really did look ill, I used to say I'm just here delivering flowers, I was the only one there that didn't die."

"Course I had to stop smoking then, it was the least I could do with them investing all that time and money in me."

"The one lung that's left it's twice the size that it usd to be, I could do anything but they did say that it can put a strain on your heart over the years."

"I was actually asleep when I had the first heart attack, it wasn't like I was overdoing it or anything then I had another two when I got to hospital, that's why they put me on this Warfarin.

"I caught me arm on the edge of the loft ladder, bled like a pig on account of the blood being so thin and I never seem to be able to get warm."

No comments: