26th March. Anxiety Plus.

"Are we on our way back now?" asks Mother shortly after being installed in the passenger seat.

"No, we're going to LLandudno" I respond.

"What?"

"I SAID WE'RE GOING TO LLANDUDNO, ARE YOU SWITCHED ON?

""What?"

"HAVE YOU GOT YOUR HEARING AID IN?"

"No... We don't want to be late back do we? It'll be getting dark soon."

A cloud moves across the sun.

"It's getting dark now."

And then on the final approach to the seaside town:

"I think I've only been to the toilet once today."

I try to ignore this, pretend as it were, but in the end this is something that cannot be ignored neither is the fact that we don't have the wheelchair with us.

Junior has the bright idea of going to Asda because they have those Care trolleys.

Actually a specific conveyance exists but with wire baskets fore and aft which greatly limits manouverability especially inside the lavatory.

Eventually supermarkets driven by market forces will introduce the Trolley/Commode.

"I don't think I'll come out again" moans Mother "I've had a Number Two."

Oh God.

We have, what I feel, is a a well deserved cup of tea in the instore cafe, blocking most of the entrance on account of the trolley's design.

"Come on we don't want to waste any more time because the traffic could be really bad, sometimes they have dinner earlier than five o'clock.It'll be getting dark soon"

No comments: