6th June. £300 To Be Shouted At.

"FIGHT IT!" shouts O.J. from above out of sight as I twirl around suspended in space, " I KNOW you can do it!"

I think I might have reached the present limit of climbing ability with the appropriately named 'Muscle Crack' graded at E1 5c.

"Have a rest then get back on."

Eventually I haul myself up like a beached whale onto a sloping rock shelf.

"I can't reach that 2nd Friend it's below me"

"WHY IS IT STILL THERE!!!?"

In the beached whale manouvre I didn't seem to have a spare hand to extract the camming device that the rope had gone through for protection.

"If I hold onto that sling I can lean over the side and probably reach it."

Mercifully I manage to yank the offending gold anodised device out of the rock thus saving a considerable amount of shouting.

1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

I'll shout at your for just £50 an hour.