7th October. The Glimmer Man.

I'd have come in for a bit of criticism if the Otter had come LED fell running tonight, re route finding.

To be honest trying to find a way from East Dron Hill To Culteuchar Hill is like searching for the North West Passage, instead of pack ice there's ranks of Sitka Spruce not shown on maps.

Darkness fell, the drizzle continued, I found myself in a ravine plunging through saturated grass and banks of nettles in shorts, which it has to be said still retained a surprising amount of sting despite being so late in the season.

A pheasant broke cover surprised by the glimmer of the three LEDs I half expected to meet a shooting party, how would one begin to explain oneself?

For the same reason, once clear of the rain forest and running down a sloping stubble field towards the lights of a farm house I put the head torch off to avoid creating some sort of UFO spectacle or perhaps moving target.

The lasting effect is similar to having rubbed well in some brand of Very Extreme Deep Heat from the ankles to the knees.

It looks to be a restless night.

3 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

How does it feel to have completely lost the plot?

I'm happy to say that my run tonight, with AYL went very well from my point of view, but there was a lot of girly euchs running through the puddles, which was nearly every step. I'm not sure that I will have her running company again.

The Editor said...

You need a woman in Lycra that can swim through jellyfish, disappear on a carbon bike only to reappear whilst lapping you on the run.

The Incredible Bulk said...

Actually, I really need a woman in Lycra to lap me somewhere else.