10th December. Happy Sad Auld Gitmas.

"We could eat out for Christmas" I said, "What about The Trough ?"

"I'm not eating at The Trough" replied Isabelle. 

(Clearly not up-market enough.) Pah!

"What about The Bothy?" was her suggestion.

Of course! 

And there would be the added interest of trying not to stare too much, whilst chewing on turkey, in the direction of the bar.

Unless the 'chick that works in the Bothy' will have been spirited off back to Bratislava or wherever for the duration.

"I wonder if they'd let her take time out from washing glasses to spoon christmas pudding into my mouth?"

Or sherry trifle...






4 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

I don't hear any mention of the Quality Cafe?

You might get someone in there to spoon pudding into your mouth?

The Editor said...

That would be more like a Care Home experience.

The Incredible Bulk said...

So what's the skinny on the kidney? Are we going to have to wheel you away to a home, or are you going to make a triumphant return to Triathlon?

The Editor said...

I was thinking i could ask Mother for one of hers, a 94 year old kidney, I mean she does owe me one anyway, technically.