14th January. "A Lot of People Have It."

'How's it going with that pissing blood thing?" said Dr F. - not in so many words, as he greeted me from behind his desk. I had to bring him up to speed on the latest medicalization.

"Ah yes AC Joint Separation, had one myself playing rugby years ago before I was a Doctor, a lot of people have it" he said raising his left hand cheerfully above his head to show full restoration of mobility. "Creeks a bit." he added.

"I don't think it was as bad as yours though." he said, feeling the degree of prominence on my left shoulder.

"The thing is, d'you think I'm fucked for life?" I asked, not in so many words.

"Well when it heals the scar tissue is more subject to wear and tear."

"Aw fur fucks sake!" 

 

1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

I wouldn't worry as you'll only need your arm for another 10 years.

You could add a new shoulder to the medical shopping list of parts required.