1st February. Ramsay's Round.

"I've actually found something in life I'm good at" trumpeted the Otter about the recent enthusiasm for hill running.

"You mean besides eating Fruit Allsorts and drinking Tennent's lager?"

"I don't think it would be for this year though...although I was planning to do all the Mamores one Sunday afternoon" he said squinting at the official website.

56 miles, 24 or even 28 Munros with 28,500 feet of climbing - The Classic 24 hour Scottish Challenge, a feat performed by only 52 mad people to date.

"Although no one has ever yet completed 30 Munros in under 24 hours...mmm..." ponders The Otter.

"What? You must be effing joking." 













1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Quite serious, actually, but on closer examination there doesn't appear to be a group of 30 Munroes close enough. Not since I read the timesheet of a chap who summited Ben Nevis in 1 hour 15 mins as the first summit in the Round.


I have a long way to go.