19th March. Fake Passion Part 1.

"It's one of mine" says Mr B. "Didn't sell." referring to the large landscape on the living room wall.

"There's a lot of work in that." I suggest - peering at the detail, wondering how he does it.

"Yes but I don't feel I have to paint, it was just something I was good at, at school,  then I went on to Art College.

It pays the bills but if you said I could never paint again I wouldn't miss it, in fact I'd probably be relieved. On the other hand if you said I could never play music again - that would be a very different story."

In comparison my approach to everything in life has been consistently half - arsed. 

Like Mr B. I was also accepted at the same Art College but just stayed for one morning then skipped the following four years.



 

No comments: