26th June. Still Basking In The Glory! Yes!

FB naturally made light of the resounding and conclusive defeat claiming that he "hadn't been on a bicycle since last June." However, much of the cycle was gravity assisted, the additional bulk, an unfortunate by-product of newfound cosy lasagna filled weekends 'having people round' in Stockbridge, would have been no handicap. Latest news from FB centres around the acquisition of a titanium frame to form the basis of a machine that is both light and yet strong enough for the heaviest of duties without fatiguing. And for me, I have found hidden depths to my own self - bask bask, bask bask. (Deep down I'm really really shallow.) I mean let's not worry about the other 112 that finished in front of me, this was a two horse race - Age and Decrepitude V. Youth and Vigour, The Whippet and The Walrus. Gloat gloat, gloat gloat.

2 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

There might be some whipping in the future!

The Editor said...

I'm not sure about that S & M stuff, too much trust involved but each to their own, I suppose.