IRONMAN GERMANY/MEXICO 20th July

Well it's all over now bar the over priced Finisher Pix. and the debt. Fat Boy came in victorious despite hobbling around the interminable run circuit  (knee pain)- "I thought I liked Frankfurt but I was getting a bit sick of it by the 4th lap of the run.". Quite.I had a sore back in the swim, a sore back in the cycle and for a change, sore feet in the run. Due to eyesight issues, and the clock on a church, I ended up running without stopping for the last lap. What a lovely gravel pit it was for the swim, though a bit crowded with rubber suited bodies. Then the heavens opened for about four hours, still, with German thoroughness the roads were all closed to traffic. The anomaly in the event was the hordes of Mexican participants. The answer to this riddle was provided to me by a very gentlemanly chap next to me at the bike racking. Apparently some large organisation does a block booking every year. 2012 was the year they all descended on Germany. But anyway I don't know why these things are fun but they are...

No comments: