22nd May The "Real" World - Latest

In the real world, tomorrow marks the rather irksome prospect of a return to Bellview House.... Huddled in front't meager fire trying t't boil kettle etc, followed by streching out on the floor in the sleeping bag which bears a faint aroma of cat pee. On this occasion I think I'm going to have to restrict the frequency of my visits to the "Bervie Chipper" though (winner of the best fish & chip shop in UK 1997) as I've been feeling a little over larded or whatever they use nowadays. Not that standards have fallen since 1997 or anything. I'll have to accomplish the rest of the trials up there without Junior as he's now gone back to his day job. So there'll be no more debate about Juniors Utopian vision where all decisions are made by a giant super- computer because people can't be trusteddddddddddddd ( oops just fell asleep there with one finger on the d.) Imagine if this super computer had anything to do with Windows 98? Can machines ever really be trusted? Of course as with most Utopian dreams the path that leads to them normally requires strict enforcement of various rules to root out the various ongoing societal cancers. And to quote Detective Callaghan: " ...before you know it you're executing your neighbour because his dog pisses on your lawn..." Good night.

2 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Every future sci-fi vision of AI shows that computers ultimately want to take over the world and kill us all.

I vote that, despite the existing drawbacks, humans should remain top of the tree, at least for my own lifetime.

After that, I would love to come back as the omnipitent PC, running windows 2249. Should be stable by then.

Cynnie said...

I want to stay gloriously imperfect and human..
I love all my quirks and flaws