25th May Poltergeist II

Camping out in the many roomed and empty Bellview House last night. At first light I was awakened by some sort of knocking noise. Not wanting to emerge into the chill air from the sleeping bag (still smelling faintly of cat pee) I drowsily attempted a rationalisation of the noise. Something falling down one of the chimneys? Something blowing in the wind? Intruders on the prowl for tools or rolls of lead? If they came into this room would they just ignore me lying on the floor? Isn't it more dangerous to confront them? Or did I really hear anything?...
I was just about to nod off again when; "Rat Ta Ta TAT !" God it must be someone at the front door! Sounds like the knock a Policeman or some other figure of authority would give; insistent and urgent. I squinted at the mobile phone; "what time is it?" 4.07 am? What? This is unreal. I hurriedly pulled on some clothes to be presentable for who or what...? I reached the hall and unlocked the 6 panel Georgian door; when it swung open there was no one there. Ah... someone playing some kind of silly buggers? At 4 in the morning? I doubt it. Or did I imagine all this? I went quietly round to the back door through the now completely wrecked kitchen, not a sound. Crept up the stairs to the first floor and looked out of the windows, nothing moving. Then up to the 2nd floor now minus its floorboards. The sash of one of the windows was open but I'd left it like that, maybe they climbed up the scaffold and then through the open window? On the way back down all the house was silent until... "RAT TA TA TAT !" There it was again ! Coming from the top floor, somebody at the window ? Freaky?...
I retraced my steps to the top of the stairs and balanced across the floor joists. It was like The Omen I or II ? Because there, outside, a large black crow was in the process of rapping again on the window with its beak... then it saw me and flapped off with a considerable "Caw, Cawing..." Well...?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»