16th June More Aphorisms (Continued)

"PATIENCE AND FORTITUDE CONQUER ALL THINGS".
First thing I set to on the problem of the leaking radiator, applying heat with oxy-acetylene just enough to melt solder. Care required! Since for the purpose of gas welding the flame is hot enough to melt steel. After three failed attempts, and with growing impatience, I'm afraid I got a lttle careless with the flame and completely melted part of the radiator. Effectively, what was a leak prior to this would now be a gush...

"DIFFICULTIES ARE THE THINGS THAT SHOW WHAT MEN ARE..."
The Daihatsu is dead, or as it were, in limbo until Monday. That's according to radiator repairman in Dundee. Now I'm in possession of a hired van and haemorhaging money as I'm sitting back at Bellview House. "OUR GREATEST GLORY IS NOT IN NEVER FALLING BUT IN RISING EVERYTIME WE FALL".

No comments: