1st June The Easy Way To Lose Touch With Reality

This morning I was batting along the A9 towards Dunkeld, mentally compiling a list of books that should be burnt: The Palmistry Workbook, Thorsons Guide to Alternative Living, Lyall Watson's Supernature, C G Jung's Psychological Reflections and anything by Arnold Mindell of Working with the DreamingBody fame. At that precise point a very Jungian event of Synchronicity (the acausal connecting principal) took place. The 2 X 1 metre sheet of recently purchased 1.2mm gauge aluminium sheet flapped about then took off out of the trailer landing in the fast lane of the only section of dual carriageway. I was able to quickly pull off the road then run back to retrieve it; luckily only two cars came past in the intervening period, neither of them in the fast lane.

Now what had really happened? My attention had been diverted from destroying The complete Works of Jung and Mindell by Aluminium, a metal well known for its ductility, its malleability and not at all rigid in its applications. Lightweight too; perhaps I'm overly weighted down, earthbound, stiff, unwilling to bend to new forms? Perhaps I should be more like a sheet of Aluminium? Feel the wind beneath me and feel myself begin to fly, to lift off, to soar Icarus-like far from the constraints of the mundane, the sun glinting on me... Like Mindell says "Believe your own lies"... Up, up and away-ay in my beautiful balloo-oon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

The Editor said...

GET LOST