6th July Alpine Report

Spent most of the evening poring over Ebay for various articles deemed vital for climbing in the Alps. To date I have boots and an ice axe. Theoretically at the moment I could be stood there on a glacier in a pair of underpants... The thing is, how do you know that you're not bidding on a fake North Face Gortex jacket? Only when you've finally succumbed to exposure in a blizzard?

"....I..I...think ..this.. jacket must be a.....a......."
" Yes?...go on.... a?.. a what?.."
"........"

Overall this Alpine indulgence is shaping up to be probably the most expensive week ever, (well, second only to when I signed half the house away that is).

The insurance from The British Mountaineering Council covers, amongst other things, the full cost of having one's body returned home, which of course is a great reassurance in itself...

1 comment:

stitchwort said...

Was the postman climbing in the Alps, then? Or do you just live at the top of a steep hill?