7th July Wetherspoons Fun Run

It was my idea as a recompense to have something to eat at "that cheap place". Struat had helped move a collection of rotting mattresses and other broken and decaying furniture. It did cross my mind to put it on e-bay as " A starter package for furnished flat letting", but in the end Struat convinced me to keep a suitcase full of Scalectrix track, "worth a fortune on e-bay", yeah well....
So I had a pint of japanese lager and In-flight catering style steak pie with freeze dried broccoli served on a bed of oven chips. I 'm glad I didn't have the microwaved apple pie and custard or the fudge cake with aerosol cream (not like some people), because I already had an agreement to punish myself severly with what would be tonight an 8 mile run (following the Greek Tragedy programme, see earlier posts).
To cut a long story short when I got to the 3 mile mark, previously spray painted on the road, the fun really started because I had to break off running to have a No. 2. After that I was able to push on to the 4 mile point with only mild heartburn before turning round.
These new running shoes I had to buy weren't cheap but I'd reasoned that because I was getting a headache at 7 miles it was false economy to run further in Isabelles old £20 trainers that she thought she'd thrown out...

2 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Membership of "Club 18 - 30" comes at a price, you know. Normally around 3.95 extra.

I hope you didn't damage your new running shoes during the No. 2.

The Editor said...

For the uninitiated; 18 -30 stone