16th August. Meet The Midges

I should really have offered to help with the washing up here at our hosts in the far north. However it wasn't long before Paul, who was helpfully dealing with the plates, remarked that midges were coming in through the kitchen window. Once he'd closed it and sat down again he further announced, whilst going through the familiar scratching and rubbing motion, that he'd had about 4 or 5 bites already. Paul, despite possessing a bona-fide Celtic ancestory, seems to present some sort of gourmet experience for the ubiquitous west highland insect. For myself, I am aware of them drifting over to examine the screen of our hosts laptop, but my flesh doesn't seem to have the same magnetism... If you are curious as to the size of a midge, then its about as big as this; .

4 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Avon Skin So Soft.

Ashley said...

I really enjoy reading your comments but I feel bad that I never have anything interesting to write. Btw, you are the person that comments most on my blog, besides Tyler of course. I'm not complaining though because I enjoy reading your comments. Thank you again for the words of wisdom on my blog.

stitchwort said...

They do say that midges etc. prefer some blood types(O, for example), and avoid others(A, perhaps?), but it may be more to do with the toiletries.

The Editor said...

Yes I'm particularly foul smelling, Isabelle tells me.