23rd August. Life in The Fast Lane

An early morning trip to the Leisure Pool saw me determindly front crawling up and down the "fast" lane. Finally the 16 length barrier fell in 13 minutes which probably puts me neck and neck with any veteran triathelete entrants.

It's a very different world in the pool at 7:30am, no kids, just people with very ordered existences. The sort of women who probably "don't have time for a relationship", plus a few "active" 60 is the new 40 or whatever. To be honest I felt a bit out of place climbing back into the Daihatsu with a trailer load of rubble.

Still it does make you feel good I mused, stopping off at the nearest burger van outside National Tyre Service for a bacon roll, and still managing to arrive earlier than normal at Mrs F's, to get some more rubble. Do you know it's now illegal to transport rubble without a rubble licence? And the rubble police could be watching anywhere with CCTV. What tax will they think of next?

Mind you by the time I had to trawl all the way up to Pitlochry to look at yet another problem chimney, I decided to hurriedly put the rest of the Suzuki together because travelling at a high speed on two wheels would paradoxically be considerably safer...

The reason for this is, it's a lot easier to fall asleep at the wheel than to fall asleep at the handlebars.

1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

I do subscribe to your theory in the main, but I once nearly became a cropper after a brief episode on my bicycle. What a night that was!