31st August. T.T.T.

Yes, it's only two days to go until That Triathlon Thing. I forced myself to put in five miles of in the dark running, well I don't want to be completely goosed by Sunday. I was feeling quite sickly the other day after swallowing a fair bit of the leisure pool which seems to upset the PH of one's stomach. Nevertheless tomorrow morning will be the last chance to get the hang of breathing in air instead of the pool chemicals...

I had to break the news to Mrs C. about her living room; that I wouldn't be back till Tuesday on account of visiting Mother. I mentioned about T.T.T. and she said her boss does them. Straightaway I got a mental picture of some suited, competitive, middle-aged bloke that takes himself far too seriously.

As another Psychological Experiment, it will be interesting to see if this is the typical Triathelete? An opportunity to check automatic negative prediction stemming from basic anxiety against reality.
Answer on Sunday.

Other negatives:
I'll be late arriving,
Swallow half the pool and have to stop,
Can't find my bicycle,
Fall off bicycle,
Miss road junction and get lost,
Have coronary thrombosis running up hill,
Have to stop three times for a pee,
Thrashed by OAP's...

3 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

I would consider only 2 or 3 out of 8 as a victory in itself.

stitchwort said...

Did you sort out the change of clothing after the swim?
And if the sainted Paula can do it, so can you.

The Editor said...

i think i'll just suffer being wet for addiyional overall discomfort