3rd September. Running On Empty.

Arrived at 7am for Triathlon registration in the near deserted, wind blown town centre feeling like death warmed up.

"I haven't got a helmet, do I need one?"
"Helmets are compulsary."
"Ahh... That means I'm subject to immediate disqualification!"

Unfortunately a helmet was to be had for a fiver in the car park.

Five, four, three, two, one .... Then off into a tumult of choppy chlorinated water and thrashing bodies. Apart from a periodic Ready Brek up-chuck, illness had little manifestation in this first section.

Transition to bicycle took an age because I insisted on drying between my toes. But I was soon pedalling past other riders and other riders were soon pedalling past me.

No running section,as this was flooded out, so once dismounted I could straight away return to feeling ill again.

1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

"drying between the toes" I bow my head and slowly shake it.