23rd November. Cumberland Sausage with Chlorine.

I'd picked up two packs of Tescos' Finest, both with yellow labels. I've been eating my way through them the last couple of days. The last of them were a wee bit past the date but these dates are for guidance only? They say don't eat an hour before swimming but there's no variance in that formula to allow for what exactly you've eaten. Well an hour's not nearly enough in the case of the cumberland sausage.

Mr Whatsisname certainly was putting us through our paces, imagine trying to swim front crawl lying sideways one hand outstretched and the other creating a wave of chlorinated pool water directly into your open gullet. Goggles misting over as you alternate between burping up sausage and gulping in Cryptosporidium. The result had me reaching for the Bisodol as soon as I was driving out of the car park, to at least neutralise the sausage, if nothing else.

No comments: