24th November. A Third of a Fish Supper.

I'd only had a ham salad roll from that shop recently reopened as 'The EarlyBird' a change from 'Cammys' Bellybusters', (obviously moving more upmarket with the addition of net curtains). So by the time I was on the return journey in the dark and wet, I thought I'd pull over at the Fish & Chip shop, (under new management). Under new management is a euphemism for now offering a chinese menu in addition to the traditional fried fare. This brings the total of Chinese Takeaways in what is basically a provincial backwater to something approaching double figures. I could tell by the extreme weight of the box I was handed that something had gone far wrong in the cooking process...

Chip shops staffed by young girls may be pleasant enough but the results invariably take some beating in terms of cooking oil absorption. More often than not I usually think I'll never stomach another fish supper or in this case only a third of a fish supper.

1 comment:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Please forward the remaining 2/3 directly.