25th November. The Vanishing.

Course I know what it's like, being a fully trained Bereavement Counsellor, that's why I was able to give Isabelle the space required for the grieving process. I had to take my tea downstairs as I was in too bouyant a mood and not downcast enough after recent events. A young chicklet has disappeared without trace somewhere in the Bermudan triangle area of the Beech hedge, scene of another mysterious vanishing a while back. An elderly hen had been a bit too casual in its habit of roosting in the top of the hedge.

The death of a younger individual on the threshold of lifes potential is always hard to come to terms with. The lack of a body and an unsolved crime leave questions forever unanswered, this can weigh heavily on the mind of the bereaved. I don't think any of the nine siblings or the Mother have actually noticed though.

No comments: