29th November. "Are You on Drugs?"

Well I offered a hand to move the piano over the back doorstep, it had arrived in the back of the local builders Transit. I said something about the sound being not bad despite the fact it was a bit out of tune. It was then that 'John the builder' said "Are you on drugs?" which almost didn't register but then I thought what is he on about?

It was only afterwards I realised that J the builder, lacking or unwilling to play within the accepted boundaries of social decorum, was probably only voicing what the majority think but keep to themselves. To be honest I'd practically forgotten that I sound like I'm recovering from a stroke, (which was someone else's interpretation). Personally I think its all down to falling off a bicycle at age 8. Was the builders interpretation based on real life experience or was it just the idea of what 'being on drugs' is like in the public imagination?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez, that's a bit harsh! Am a bit sick of people feeling like they can comment on just about anything, even if of a personal nature. Fuck off, John the Builder! Next time, carry yer f'n piano on your own!