25th January. Extreme Chiropracty

Made an appointment with the bone cruncher although there are no objective controlled trials with definitive conclusions for or against chiropractic. What can there be to lose apart from the consultation fee?

I was convinced that there was something wrong with the bits that join my arms on, I intimated to the Main Man. In a breezy style typical of our Antipodean cousins his inspection of the thoracic vertebra revealed that T1 and T2 were stuck together, not to mention tension in the old Trapezius muscle of the right shoulder.

"Let's get to work!" he said, (this is where the crunching bit inevitably comes in). So he gets me in something of a Half Nelson and assures me that it's "completely safe" which I do believe but it's not that easy to "just relax", not in this situation.

Just when I knew the pull and twist was coming, together with the crunch, I was stuck with a particular image in my mind; it was something Disco Dave had related about the first time he tried to wring the neck of a chicken.

Having followed the instructions, i.e. pull and twist, he put the bird down, knowing that they can continue to function after the neck is broken. The thing was the chicken stood there blinking and didn't look in the least bit dead."Obviously didn't pull hard enough", he thought. The second attempt saw the head completely wrenched free from the body...

No comments: