12th February. Apocalypse Then.

The diesel engine chugs relentless as we progress slowly up some backwater of the Mekong a la Martin Sheen. Finally in the heat of midday we step ashore deep in the hinterland...

Another restaurant. No one has gone AWOL and lost their mind here...

At table, the conversation continues in french, I interject: "Would you eat a baby if it was properly cooked?" 'K' and 'F' looked puzzled, Isabelle glares at this 'faux pas'. The conversation has obviously moved on somewhat from discussing what one is prepared to eat.

I'm sure 'K' said she'd eaten monkey...




CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH AN INCUBUS.

I lie down in room 307 at the Hoa Phuong Hotel to catch forty winks before going out to another restaurant.

Suddenly a powerful male entity grabs me from behind, muttering something in my ear.
At the same time I am being subject to an extraordinary violation!...

I wake up and think this can't be happening, the door was locked, it must be a dream or is it? I try to move or shout out but find I'm completely paralysed and speechless for what seemed like an uncomfortably long time.

I'm left curious as to whether I've been fitted with some kind of alien probe.

1 comment:

The Snoring Man said...

Never get out of the boat.