31st March. My Conversational Polish - Zero.

It was the morning after the confrontation with the owners of Flat A. about the deluge.

So I knocked on the door of Flat A, after two attempts one of the tenants answered, a youngish blonded woman, who I recognised from the last attempt at repair to the entrance door into Faeces Close. On that occasion I had enquired if she still had a key to the door and was met with a blank look, but not just a blank look it was more like the deceased Patrick Swayze addressing Demi Moore in 'Ghost', was I in another dimension?

Anyway when she came to the door she blanked me out as much as anyone could blank out someone who's just knocked on the front door, "It's about the water leaking from the flat above"
(Blank)
"I from up there, water drip, drip is happening now?"
(Blank)
"WATER, DOWN, COMING IS NOW?"
"I no.. understand..."

Ascertaining when, if ever, this plumbing problem is cured could be a protracted business.

No comments: