15th April. 300 Winks.

"It's Miller Time but only just", I said lifting up my rust stained can to display the best before date on the bottom: 30:4:07.

Don't bring any beer, I'd specifically said this, as the whole object of the BBQ was to get rid of some of the what will soon be out of date lager, which at one time had been left lying in the garden for several weeks, possibly months.

After a certain level of consumption and the approach of evening, some of the party decided on a visit to the cinema, for which I had little enthusiasm. Isabelle informed me, after the others had left, that we were to follow on in the Daihatsu, I said my driving ability was adversely compromised on account of all the Kronenbourg, Carlsberg etc and we were now stranded. Thanks to mobile technology what would have been an epic in itself was quickly sorted out.

On the subject of epics, once I was guided to a comfy seat to view the film '300' the dialogue proved to be a little on the soporific side and basically it cost me or someone else £5.50 for two hours sleep.

2 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

And just like the car passenger who wakes just as you return home, you awoke as the end credits began to role. Your timing was impeccable, unlike some of the BBQ guests.

The Snoring Man said...

I will need some of the empties as evidence, not been myself today and I may sue.