23rd April. Triumph of The Will!

When I got home it crossed my mind to open that bottle of Moet & Chandon by way of celebration; having been examined in accordance with Section 45 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 I have been awarded the highest qualification that the Department For Transport can bestow, an MOT Test Certificate!

"A THIRD time lucky middle-aged local man has spoken of his life-changing roadworthiness marathon with a 1995 Daihatsu which started when the previous MOT expired.

He told the PA the change the work has had on his life has been priceless – and an experience he hopes will inspire others, as well as raising over £75 for the Vehicle & Operator Services Agency.

He said: 'I am very proud that I achieved the challenge, which was a once in a lifetime event, I feel totally exhilarated and now ready to tackle anything that life has to offer me.'

Looking back on his astonishing journey, he said: 'Hopefully this will be an inspiration to others that anything can be achieved if you put your mind to it, whatever one’s circumstances.'

The father-of-one said: 'Commitment, enthusiasm and determination and most of all a good sense of humour was paramount.' "

2 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

So even it the arse falls out of the situation tomorrow, you still have over 360 days legal motoring left?!

I think the Daihatsu could be made to last forever ... check back at this post next year ...

The Editor said...

I did make enquiries online for a new bodyshell, nothing so far, only good 2nd hand whatever that means.

I harbour a fantasy regarding hot dip galvanising.