27th April. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

The man at the only one of two garages in the area that will do a motorcycle MOT says "That front tyre's looking a bit soft" whilst he bounces up and down on the front forks in what looks like an all out effort to push whatever fork oil remains past the seals.

I thought he was going to fail me just because the tyre wasn't hard enough. Anyway he gets the airline off the wall - "Eleven PSI! "
"Well it's been lying over the winter" I explained. He checks the back tyre tut, tutting whilst inflating the tyre from ten up to thirty PSI.

"Did you check ANYTHING on the bike, I bet you didn't - look the cobwebs are still on it!"

"After three-quarters of an hour spent pushing , pulling and yanking at every component the MOT man is forced to give up and exclaims "I can't BELIEVE it! It's passed!!!"

I have to admit that prior to the re-inflation of the tyres handling had become a litttle unforgiving especially with regard to cornering on fast A roads. Imagine what they'd have said at this second inquest of the week (see previous).

2 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

With your current level of training, I think you could have manually blown in more than 10 psi.

The Editor said...

It's lucky I'm still drawing breath, actually.