27th May. The Whiskas Supermeat Centre - 4 Star.

In my absence or possibly because of it, the "Kleen-eze Man" had been and left more than just overpriced cleaning products.

Isabelle met me at the front door, I thought she must have really missed me? but it was firstly to break the news and secondly to ensure that the latest addition to the household didn't make a bolt for it.

The 'Kleen-eze Man' had piled it on, working up a saga about his Mother-in-Law's cat that would break anyone's heart, after all he is some kind of salesman and with this particular pitch he knew he was going to achieve closure.

Isabelle's heart is easily won over when it comes to providing sanctuary for some creature in need, especially when it can't answer back or in anyway show it's ingratitude.

So now another cat is hiding somewhere in the thickets of the lounge room which it has comandeered for itself.

I see that this new pet came with its own 25 kg bag of dry cat food that it'll probably never eat now, once it gets a taste of the tinned stuff on offer here.

The rationale given is that some of the other cats will be dead soon - from old age, I hasten to add.

No comments: