8th May. Strange Dream of a Book Bargain.

I arrive at a pre-arranged venue to sell some hardback books. An elderly Eastern European gent approaches, after a brief perusal he says "I'll give you a hundred dollars."

This sounds like a good deal, at least fifty quid. Not wanting to appear a complete novice and feeling that I should play the part and bargain a bit, I reply "You can have 7 out of the 10 for that."

"OK" he says surprisingly, "Will you take a cheque?"

"Err no, it would have to be cash"

"No problem" he says heading up to the bar, "I'll be back in a minute."

"On his return he hands me a roll of banknotes - "Czechloslovakian" he says.

Apart from no longer existing as a country this seems, to say the least, a bit dodgy.

"I'm sorry, I'd need US Dollars or Sterling" I tell him and hand the money back.

"Sure, no problem, just wait here" is his answer.

After waiting about five minutes a quick check around reveals there is no sign of the man, the money or indeed, any of the books.

4 comments:

The Incredible Bulk said...

Sounds like the Chancellor.

Promises you all the money in the world, but just steals your books.

I haven't had (remembered) a dream for at least 9 years, so I don't believe in dreams.

Actually, did this really happen?

The Editor said...

Specifically says 'strange dream'?

Or did I dream that?

Old Knudsen said...

Quite obviously you're worried about penis size.


Old Knudsen's standard dream answer.

The Editor said...

There are so many products available on-line these days if one has any concern in that department... so my inbox informs me.